Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Scholarly Work & Community Activities Featured



ASCENT magazine, published by the College of Arts & Sciences at Ohio State University, interviewed me about my book.  I had a lovely conversation with communications professional Victoria Ellwood, and we talked about all kinds of things.  I had no idea what she would write, but I could not be more pleased with the outcome!  She really captured the link between my scholarly work and my community efforts to encourage women to become and remain physically active.  I will always cherish this story!  I'm sure you'll enjoy "Making Strides" too!

The picture above, which you'll also see in "Making Strides," is from the 2012 Capital City Half Marathon.  It is an absolutely wonderful event, and participants can choose to walk or run 13.1 miles (half marathon), 6.55 miles (quarter marathon), or 3.1 miles (5K).  I'm so excited in this picture because the founders of Black Girls RUN! made this race a national meet-up in 2012, so we had more than 160 women registered with our team.  Wherever you are, consider coming to Columbus the first weekend of May for this fabulous event!

Besides running the Capital City Half Marathon again in 2013, I'm running a half marathon on January 27th and devoting the effort to charity.  Please visit my site, consider donating, and SHARE the link!  http://bit.ly/YnCE8f 

Again, thank you for being on this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment