Saturday, March 9, 2013

Black LIT Radio segments # 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5

Black LIT Radio is a 10-minute radio segment about African American literature that came to life after I was interviewed about my book Living with Lynching on KAZI Book Review with Hopeton Hay.  Once a month, I either have a conversation with Hopeton about a black-authored literary text or I interview an author who makes him/herself available.  Many thanks to those who listen live when these are aired.  As promised, I also provide the podcast link when they are available, but this is a good time to offer a cluster.  Links below allow you to listen on-demand.  ENJOY!  And please let me know what you think in the comment section below or via email, Twitter, whatever.  I would be happy to have your feedback on which literary works you'd like us to discuss in the future.

Segment #1 aired in October 2012: Nella Larsen's 1929 novel Passing

Segment #2 aired in November 2012: Interview with Tayari Jones about her award-winning 2011 novel Silver Sparrow

Segment #3 aired in December 2012:  Leroi Jones/Amiri Baraka's 1964 play Dutchman

Segment #4 aired in January 2013:  Interview with playwright Charles Smith, mostly about his recent award-winning offering Knock Me a Kiss

Segment #5 aired in February 2013:  Toni Morrison's latest novel Home and other classic works

I am grateful for these conversations about this rich, living tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment