Thursday, November 7, 2013

Feministing.com "Academic Feminist" Feature




On November 7, 2013, to coincide with the beginning of the 2013 conference of the National Women's Studies Association, Feministing.com featured my research and dubbed me an "Academic Feminist." The interview covers my book Living with Lynching as well as my theoretical approaches and social justice investments, and it offers a preview of my most recent essay, which draws parallels between lynching and anti-LGBT violence. I am grateful that Feministing and independent scholar Gwendolyn Beetham saw enough value in this work to highlight it and encourage more people to read the essay "Love in Action."  I think we can all benefit from grappling with these realities.

The Academic Feminist feature is HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment